Friday 6 April 2012

Task 3D: Critical questions and issues that emerge

Do some very specific ideas emerge about your networking and sources? Does your engagement to date seem appropriate? Limited? Focused? Planned? Unplanned?
I feel like using social media sites to network is something i could do a lot more, everything is online now a days as it is very convenient. Instead of just checking Facebook or Twitter for social reason i can start to check for casting and ask questions, as thats why the different casting directors have there twitters and Facebook pages. For Performers like me to ask questions and get involved, They are there to help us out, an i should take full advantage of this. From my research i have also noticed i can create different profiles for my different disciplines and this will help the right people look at exactly what there looking for, for example Casting Call Pro would be for more acting, and Dancers Pro for dancers. I could be a lot more to get involved one of the first things is follow more people in the industry, this might include me having to make a professional profile as my social and professional sides should never mix.

Does sharing ideas and communicating with others shift your thinking, planning or practice?
Communicating is the best way i work. i think this comes from my dance and acting background. To execute corrections you need to be communicated with, Same way as when i teach, the best results are gained through communication. Communicating with others and sharing ideas expands my thinking. In regards to this blog, communicating with others on this course through this blog has really opened my mind to other ways i can expand and improve my craft. The helpful and constructive comments have opened my eyes to a lot more ideas.

Does critical reflection help you decide what really matters and the actions to take?
Yes critical reflection does help me decide what really matters and what actions to take, Breaking down previously written work and analysing it is a very useful tool. Questioning experiences and analysing them i something i will take into my adult learning life.

To what extent do concepts and theories assist you in thinking about your professional networking in different ways? And do these different ways of thinking have some purpose for you?
In Task 3B i chose to reflect on the theories that i felt i understood and could use the most, Affiliation is the one that would have most purpose for me. As i said in previous questions asked i need to network as much as i can, affiliation is the key. Crisp and Turners idea that we all engage in affiliation is something that everyone will agree with. This includes attending classes with them and meeting others they know, using social networking sites to there absolute maximum and taking full advantage of what they have to offer. Sometimes t is about who you know.

Are you left thinking differently prior to this part of the module? and if so, how?
I feel like i have explored a lot in this module, Before i read the reader i made a post about my thoughts on what networking is, it was a very brief explanation. Reflecting on the different theories, my current sources of information and my own current networks opened my mind to the different ways i can expand on them. Going back to module 1 the use of WEB 2.0 will be very helpful to me. The different theories from the different practitioners are things that i use in everyday life and will continue to use. I never realised how much i already knew about The Networked Professional


  

No comments:

Post a Comment