Monday 19 March 2012

My journal writing expirience part 2

Over the last two weeks and throughout this journal writing experience i have become more aware of my apprehension towards writing down what I'm thinking and my feelings. As the days went by i realised i was becoming more open to 'active thinking'. In the beginning i was surprised with how uncomfortable i was with this exercise as i thought there was a set way in how i had to do it. Using the different ways to write really helped expand my thinking and help me go deeper into my thoughts.

I found this site 'The Personal Growth Library' reading this has really made me want to 'master the art or critical reflection'.


Self Reflection: A Critical Skill for Your Personal Growth and Development

Mastering the art of self reflection can lead to profound personal growth and transformation. 

In fact, many learning theorists in the West argue that critical self reflection is the core ingredient in personal transformation.  

This means simply having an experience does not lead personal and professional growth.  

Rather, growth occurs through reflecting on experiences and expanding your own established worldviews. 

There are three main types of reflection:

  • Reflection-on-action
  • Reflection-in-action
  • Critical self-reflection

If you'd like to read on please click this link: http://www.best-personal-growth-resources.com/self-reflection.html

2 comments:

  1. Agi your are making this subject your own by looking at it for personal understanding. That 'need to know' direction is very helpful in BAPP as you begin to look at your own topic areas for your professional inquiry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Afi, I found it difficult to begin this task. Being from a Media background I would have thought that putting my journal into a video diary would have been the best way for me to do it, however I found that I was most comfortable to do it written. I noticed from your last post that you have taken to the form of video.

    I would like to thank you for your posts from "The personal Growth Library" as these have been a great help for me.

    Good luck on the rest of the course :D

    ReplyDelete