Monday 5 March 2012

Task 2a: Reflective journal Task

Reflective Writing is a practice in which the writer describes a real or imaginal scene, event, interaction, passing thought, memory, form, adding a personal reflection on the meaning of the item or incident, thought, feeling, emotion, or situation in his or her life. Many reflective writers keep in mind guiding questions, such as "What did I notice?" "How has this changed me?" or "What might I have done differently?"


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflective_writing


My chosen method for the journal task is video/webcam logging.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Afi,

    I just wondered, how do you feel about your journal's privacy? Will we be seeing any of you video journals. I found that I didn't want to share my entry as the content was for my eyes only. Are you finding the same?

    I looked into the many different ways of journals, take a look on my blog if you like. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

    Thanks,
    Ahmet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agi - thanks for this. I like wikipedia to start me off - I have also taken your thought and added a few links on my blog from other sites. You might comment on some of them as well in comparison to your video cam methods. As Ahmet has pointed out, there are many different ways to develop reflective practice.

    Sometimes I think we only have time for some reflection because of busy lives - - so learning ways to capture what happens can be a useful tool if it means - after time and experience - we can somehow streamline reflection into something meaningful for professional practice. So, in the end, it is a thinking tool. The problem is gaining the expertise to know what is important, especially when trying to do new activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked your thoughts and expressions throughout the blog and most of the times ive felt confused on what to do but looking at what youve done shows me that im not lost, we have very similar ideas, it brings me back to our 1st campus session where we discussed ideas and spoke about going back to africa and starting our own theatre

    ReplyDelete